VatiKaki Photography
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TASK FOR NEXT WEEK

2 posters

Go down

TASK FOR NEXT WEEK Empty TASK FOR NEXT WEEK

Post by adrian 18th March 2009, 19:53

Groete Nico,

Please refresh my memory on the task for next week ... when you get old like me, your memory is your second shortest thing!

Cheers

adrian

Back to top Go down

TASK FOR NEXT WEEK Empty Re: TASK FOR NEXT WEEK

Post by VatiKaki 19th March 2009, 11:59

Lol, OK, I will not dare ask what is the shortest... (patience, breath...?)

The idea is to make sure that you understand the relationship between the shutter and the aperture setting, so you want to preferably go outside, use ISO100, and shoot 3 images of the same model or item. The first image could be something like f/11, 1/125. The second should be one stop different on both, i.e. f/8, 1/250, and the third f/5.6, 1/500. All three exposures should be identical, with only a variation on the depth of field. Remember these numbers are only examples and you may find that you need to slow down the shutter if there is not enough light (or increase the speed if it is very bright).

The exercise is to ensure that you know how to control the light coming into the lens by manipulating only the aperture and the shutter. Next week we will introduce flash photography and talk about the histogram. Your understanding of exposure will be much better after that session.

VatiKaki

Back to top Go down

Post by adrian 20th March 2009, 13:51

Great, thanks for the info.

See you Monday ...

adrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down